Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fun snack for the holidays, mini oatmeal cookie cupcakes.

Chocolate chip & walnut oatmeal cookies.
Its that time of the year when I go crazy and make & bake any and everything that pops in my head. 
Today it was mini oatmeal cookie cupcakes.
I think I'm ready for the holidays now, I have my tree up & some presents underneath, stockings hanging over the fireplace & now my favorite cookies!
1.5 cups chocolate chips.
Dry ingredients. 1 cup of walnuts and a few almonds.
A nice big spoonful in each cup.
First half done!


 Happy Holidays!


 Make's about 50 mini cupcakes or cookies

1 cup butter (or vegan margarine)
1 cup golden sugar, lightly packed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cup oats
2 1/2 cups goodies (your call: chocolate chips, nuts, toffee chips,
salted peanuts, coconut, sunflower seeds, raisins, etc.) 

I went with walnuts, almonds & chocolate chips this time & I used Irish oats, makes the cookies very soft and fluffy.

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Cream the butter with the sugar until well mixed.

2. Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water and add it to the
butter/sugar mix, followed by vanilla.

3. Stir together the dry ingredients and add it slowly to the creamed
mixture. Mix well.

4. Stir in the mix-ins and combine. Fill cupcake holders to the top or form small balls, flatten a
little, and bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on wire
racks.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment