Thursday, January 5, 2012

How To Paint Your Nails With A Pastel Leopard Print

I have recently gone a little crazy with buying polish and playing dress up with my nails.In the past three weeks I think I have bought about 20 new colors and goodies for my nails. I couldn't decide what color I wanted to I did a leopard so I can use a few :)

All that I used.
I love the pastel colors I found!




Here's what you'll need: A top coat (I use Sally Hansen Dries Instantly, dries in about 30 second), feature colors for your spots, a base color, a dark color for outlining your spots (a nail art pen or a nail art polish helps), and a base coat of your choice (I use Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet). Go wild with picking out colors: for a traditional leopard print, try a beige base, a tawny golden feature color, and a dark brown or black outline. Or else go tone-on-tone, with lime green, medium green, and black — or lavender, purple, and black. Or light blue, royal blue, and black. Whatever.

First, prep for your manicure, to make it last longer. Remove your old polish, if any, and soak your hands in warm water for a few minutes. Trim your nails and push back your cuticles.

Base coat, I applied 2 coats.  Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet.

Nail Art Polish for the outline of the spots. SinfulColors Black. 
 I found "SinfulColors Nail Art" polish at Rite Aid and it was only .99. It's nice for the price and thin brush but it is too thick for doing very detail things, the leopard prints are fine because they don't have to be prefect.
Yay, fine tip!
Make unfinished circles or "c" shaped marks on you nail, what ever design you like best for you print.
Cover the nail with the marks till you're happy with the amount of spots.

Start filling in the spots in blob of polish with the colors you picked out.
Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow.
Try to keep the blobs roughly the same size but do whatever you think looks best.
Sally Hansen Bubblegum Pink.
Try to stay in the lines with the colors, you want to make sure you can still see the black.
Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac
Fill in the spots that are left, try not to put the same color of spots next to each other.
Wet n Wild French White Creme.



 I don't really like this white as a base coat but it worked really well for just spots.
Add a glitter coat if you'd like, this glitter is great if you don't want too much glitter to
show but still want sparkles. SinfulColors Pearl Harbor.
 I found this glitter at Rite Aid also, it was $1.99. I love this Glitter!
Finish with a top coat. Wait about 30 minutes before add a coat so it
doesn't make any of the colors run.
You can't see the glitter but it's all done! You can clean up the extra polish on the skin
with remover and a Q-Tip or just rub it off in the shower like I do.
My left hand is useless! I made a big mess when I did my right hand.

And as you can see it is not as neat as when I use my right hand. Oh well! 

Pretty :)

5 comments:

  1. cute nails! i am horrible at doing my nails with my left hand too!!! i read somewhere that you should start painting your dominant hand, that way you won't have to worry about messing up the other hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you & thanks for the tip, I will have to give it a try next time I do my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not trying to 'dis' on your tutorial, but this can save you a lot of time and I absolutely love the result. No dry time..fabulous!
    http://www.incoco.com/
    Sally Hansen also makes instant nail polish on sale at your local Walgreens. Leopard print too.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen those, I haven't used them but I'm sure they are faster and will be easier for some. I have fun doing it myself and I can pick the colors I want this way so I personally will just continue doing it myself. Great tip for people that don't want to do it themselves though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it I did this with light pink navy and hot pink so cute

    ReplyDelete