Sunday, November 11, 2012

Moist Banana Nut Bread Recipe

My brother and sister came to visit not too long ago and I always pick up extra fruit when people come over, it's a quick easy snack and I don't have to worry about people raiding my fridge. Usually by the time they leave they bananas, apples, and peaches are gone but this time I guess they didn't want any so I have a ton of stuff left. My fiance keep asking me to make banana bread again with the extras so I did. 

I usually  add 3 bananas but since I had 5 I just put them all in, it took a little longer to cook but other then that came out perfect.

Moist Banana Nut Bread
The loaf I made for my Rob.

Servings- 12
Serving Size- 1 slice
Calories- 100
Fat- 5 g
Carbs- 12.8 g
Fiber- 0.7 g
Protein- 3 g 
 
3 of the mini  muffins I made are one serving.

What you will need.

3-5 ripe bananas, smashed
1/2 cup melted butter (I used unsalted)
 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup sugar
2 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 cups of all-purpose flour

Method

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour and chopped walnuts last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour depending on your cookware. Remove from pan, cool on a rack and slice to serve.

I always steal some of the mix to make mini cupcakes for myself.

Thanks for viewing, hope you enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Do you know how many carbs per serving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that, I updated it! Servings- 12
      Serving Size- 1 slice
      Calories- 100
      Fat- 5 g
      Carbs- 12.8 g
      Fiber- 0.7 g
      Protein- 3 g

      3 of the mini muffins I made are one serving.

      Delete
    2. thank you so much! I'm making it now :-)

      Delete
    3. Let me know how they turn out, hope you like em!

      Delete