Wednesday, March 28, 2012

April Fool's day Crafts and Pranks.

April Fool's Day is almost here, are you ready? 

I have always loved Fool's Day & when I was a kid I though it was the coolest thing that I can mess with people and and I couldn't get in trouble, it was even encouraged in my house! 

Common pranks in my house growing up was doing weird things with food, gluing things to each other or down, buckets or bags of water over doors (those never ended well), popping out to scare people, clear finger nail polish on soap so it doesn't lather, a few white lies, setting the clocks back or forward... the list goes on and on.

 My favorite prank that I bring back every few years is the glitter towel! It's great on guys, I sent my brothers to school a few times cover in glitter and half the time they didn't notice till they are out the door in the sun.I have been dying to get my boyfriend with this one but I know he could kill me if I sent him to work covered in glitter... I think I'll do his hand towel this year.

Here are a few cute Fool's Day crafts to give a try, I will be making the  fish sticks for a few people this year.

Doughnut Seeds!

 I did these when I was a kid.

"Sponge" Cake

My mom got me and my little sister with this one one year.
 
What you will need:
Markers, New kitchen sponges, Canned frosting, & Sprinkles
Instructions
  1. Use a marker to draw large circles on new kitchen sponges, then cut out the circles.
  2. Stack and frost them (we used inexpensive canned frosting). Cover the sides with sprinkles, if you like.
  3. Tell your victims that you "made a sponge cake," and invite them to cut off a piece. To help ease the prank's sting, serve real cake afterward.
null


Faux Fish Sticks Cookies

I am going to make enough of these and give them to a few people, I love the peas!
What you will need:
Cornflakes, Sugar wafer cookies, Peanut butter, Green taffy candy ( used green apple AirHeads in picture), & Seedless strawberry jam.
Instructions
  1. For the fish sticks, place a couple of handfuls of cornflakes in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Cover 2 sugar wafer cookies with peanut butter, then toss them in the cornflake crumbs to coat.
  2. For the peas, tear off and roll small pieces of the taffy candy into balls. If the taffy is too stiff to work with, microwave it for about 6 seconds.
  3. For the ketchup, use a fork to stir a few teaspoons of the jam until it's smooth.

Happy April Fool's Day!

Feel free to share what pranks you will be doing this year or ones you've done in the past! 

Check out my Easter posts!

Easter Garlands
Kool-Eggs
Follow me on bloglovin'!
Follow on Bloglovin

27 comments:

  1. I haven't celebrated April Fool's Day since I was a kid but this post is making me want to celebrate again! I'll definitely have to try those fish sticks. They are just too cute. And I'm sure they're tasty too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done much either for Fool's Day in the past few years either. My boyfriend is not a fan... I'm going to do the fish sticks though, they are harmless :)

      Delete
  2. Ha! These are great! I am pulling a fake roach prank this year:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw those, they look so real! I was thinking about doing those too after seeing yours!

      Delete
  3. I would love to know the prank for the glitter towel!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kinda messy... If the towels are folded in the bathroom it is neater but ours are just on the shower door so some glitter falls to the floor. If it is folded just dump some glitter in the middle of the towel then pound it or rub it in some so it doesn't just fall everywhere when the person picks it up. If it is hanging rub some glitter maybe on both sides and hang it back up slowly so the glitter doesn't fall everywhere. Try to use the very fine glitter that is a matching color of the towel so they don't notice it till it too late!

      Delete
  4. I remember in High School we "sold" the school. One of the kids parents was in real estate and helped us out with the for sale sign and the local paper got in on the act and published a full page in the real estate section. Funniest thing was the phones were ringing in the office all day!
    Unfortunately I don't prank anymore, I have a daughter named April and it's not her favourite day of the year, although I could be tempted by the fish sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too cool!
    Love the ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! Especially LOVE the 'Doughnut Seeds'! Thank you so much for including the printable :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making people food especially on April 1st is something everyone waited for a year, I like this post.
    how to get revenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found this blog through pinterests. I wanted to download the pdf for the doughnut seeds packet but the link doesn't work. any other way of getting it? Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too! I'm looking for the donut seed printable pdf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. pdf doesn't work for me either

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing post, all those cute houses. I am doing twelve craft days of Christmas on my blog so I was looking for some papercut houses, I love that. And now I found your blog with this incredible list of houses .
    Check Out SEO Consultant in Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love this blog post. It is quite informative and also rich in quality informational detail for all types of readers. I am a routine researcher and reader who reads different blog posts on a daily basis for the sake of knowledge.Check out SEO expert in Mumbai if you are looking for best SEO services at cost effective price.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well explained article, loved to read this blog post and bookmarking this blog for future.Best SEO In varanasi

    ReplyDelete
  14. This article is very informative , thanks to sharing with us. Finding SEO Company ujjain
    then plusply digital is offering the best SEO Services in ujjain for your business website or Online Marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well explained article, loved to read this blog post and bookmarking this blog for future.http://kylermkhe34444.loginblogin.com/8950070/all-about-satta-king

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very good info. Lucky me I discovered your site by chance (stumbleupon). I have saved it for later! Here is my web site:Amazon Phone Number

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just inspired by your writing. What a blog! Can you please come to my website and review a few of my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your post is inspirational and helpful, thanks for the post. I cricmazza know more

    ReplyDelete
  19. The App Ideas is the leading Web & Mobile Application Development Company with a skilled development team.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Its really wonderful and watchable. I like to share it with all my friends and hope they will definitely like it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your writing has influenced me. What a fantastic blog! Could you please visit my website and read over a few of my blogs?
    SIRA approved cctv company in Dubai

    ReplyDelete