Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Tree Nails


Since I will be visiting my fiance's family for the holidays this year I will not be getting tree. I don't know if they will have a tree or will be getting a tree, hopefully there will be a tree either before or after I get there.
Just in case there is not a tree I went ahead and did my nails with my tree.

My nails are now covered in ornaments and lights!
Here's what you'll need: A top coat, red and green base colors, "lights & ornament" colors and a black to outline, tape, a toothpick or dotting tool. My colors are from the Julep December collection. 
First, prep for your manicure, to make it last longer. Remove your old polish, if any, and soak your hands in warm water for a few minutes. Trim your nails and push back your cuticles but don't cut them. Do not use lotions or oils on your hands before you start, it may make the dry time longer.

Sorry about the bad phone pictures, I was watching a movie while doing my nails and didn't want to bother with the good camera. 

Start by applying your base colors, I went with red and green because you can't get more Christmas then that!

For the tree make a triangle on your nail with tape.

I added blue glitter polish and striping tape for "lights" on the tree.

Apply your green polish for your tree.

Let dry and remove the tape. I added a flat back crystal to the top of my tree for the star!

For the ornaments using a nail art polish/dotting tool/toothpick/small paint brush make the outline for your ornaments.

I added a light blue to help make the colors pop since I used glitter polish on the balls.

I don't have a picture of doing the "lights" on the green nails but they are pretty easy.
Using a dotting tool or toothpick make small dots in a row, you can have the hang anyway you want, I did zigzag and just rows of them on my nails. You can also just do a few random dots.. I will be doing that later when I try a different tree style. Anyway, I would recommend doing want I did with the ornaments with the lighter color polish to help make the color pop depending on the base color.

Apply your top coat and you're done!


Follow me on instagram!




No comments:

Post a Comment