Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My first Goodies Co. Box

 So, this was the first subscription box I saw for food and being a kinda foodie I tried to sign up but ended up joining a wait list since they are in beta and am slowly having people join. 
I was very excited to see a invite to get a box last month after a few months on the wait list and although I was on vacation I quickly stopped what I was doing and signed up! A few days later I saw there was a payment taken out for them and got extra excited, I was hoping the box would be delivered just in time for me to come home! 
A week later I was home and still nothing on the box so I checked my account and saw that they start shipping on the second Friday of the month. They stated that they would shipped over the next ten days from that Friday but on the 11 day I was emailed the tracking.
Here is all that I got in the New Year, New You Healthy Snack box.
Cascal - This is a natural soda, it had pineapple so sadly I could not try. My fiance said it was lovely though. There are other favors so I may try another if I see it at a store.
Wild Garden Traditional Hummus and Pita Chips - I love hummus and this was not bad, it's no homemade with fresh pita bread but I thought it was good. I did not like the pita chips that came with though so I used the Falafel chips with. I would have loved to have this as a kid.
Go Nola - I have large bags of granola all over my kitchen so I was excited to try this, I had it with some yogurt for breakfast and it was pretty yummy. If I see it at a store I think I will get more.
Flamous Brands Falafel Chips - These were my favorite of the box. They had a pretty good favor and paired with the hummus it was a very nice snack. There were about 3 servings in the bag for me having it as a side for lunch and 2 snacks. Adding a little cayenne pepper and garlic with the hummus would make a great mid-day meal, I would get this again.
Skeeter Snacks Cookie - There were two cookies in the pack, it was very high in calories though for just one cookie so I only tasted it. It was very good but far from a healthy snack. I would not get these just because I have a sweet tooth and I would easily eat a few and have it be as many calories as one average meal. Had I eaten both it would have been 340 calories and a slice of my homemade cheesecake is about 250, I'll take the cheesecake and the lower calories.
Stretch Island Fruit Chews - These are no sugar added, made with only fruit snacks. I have a dehydrator and make fruit peels with it so these were prefect for me. These are a great alternative to making fresh if you want to save some time. 
Nature's Bakery While Wheat Fig Bar - I was very excite to see these but sadly although blueberry there was that dreaded pineapple again. My fiance loved these and asked if I had more! I would get these again because he did enjoy them.
Overall this box was alright but with the price of $7.00 a month it is great. I am going to give it another shot next month, if I get more food that I am allergic to I will have to cancel the box because it will be a waste of food and money. If my guy likes to try the food with me though I may just stick with it and share it with him. Visit https://www.goodies.co/ to sign up for your own.

See my full list of subscription boxes with over 100 boxes for men, women, children, pets and everything in between here Monthly Subscription Box List

No comments:

Post a Comment