Thursday, September 27, 2012

Halloween Inspired Spider Web Tip Nails

 I love this time of year & the holidays that come with! I have been dying to break out my Halloween goodies and start decorating my house. My fiance and I moved into a house last year with very tall ceilings and we were not prepared to decorate that high. Everything turned out cute but it wasn't awesome. This year I am going for awesome. Anyway, so I don't seem crazy I am waiting till next week to start setting stuff up but I still wanted to do something right now so I did my nails! 

Here's what you'll need: A top coat (I use Rimmel Top Coat), a base color (I went with black to make the white pop), a feature color for your web, tape, & a toothpick/small paint brush if your web color polish isn't nail art polish.
First, prep for your manicure, to make it last longer. Remove your old polish, if any, and soak your hands in warm water for a few minutes. Trim your nails and push back your cuticles but don't cut them. Do not use lotions or oils on your hands before you start, it may make the dry time longer.

 Using good ol' scotch tape cover the part of your nail where you don't want your base color to be.
 Apply one or two coats of your base.
 Remove your tape when it is completely dry.
 You will be making three lines like this.
 I used a small paint brush and dabbed white polish on some tape. Make a thin line along the bottom your your base color where the tape was, make one in the middle and along the side or top of your nail depending on where you started. You can make more lines if doing your whole nail but make sure you have an odd number of lines.
 Lines along the top and side.
 You can touch up your lines with your base color if you lines are as neat and you'd like.
 Inside the lines make bowed lines or "c" shaped lines.
 Apply a coat or two of your favorite top coat and you're done!
Webs!
 I am pretty happy with how it turned out. 
I think closer to Halloween I'll give it a try with purple.

Thanks for stopping by!

Check out my current giveaway ending tomorrow the 28th!
 Check out my current sale on my new site, only $9.09 for these earrings right now!
And set a text alert for this lovely silver bee ring valued at $195 starting at only $70 on tophatter!
Auction starts on Oct 2nd.




2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog, love the nail tutorial, I'll be trying this for sure.

    ReplyDelete