Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Minty Glittery Gradient Nails


I am a huge fan of pink and greens together and have been neglecting one of my favorite polish colors, Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet color. It chips within a week but I change my polish 1-3 times a week anyway so I don't mind, plus it's only $2 a bottle.

Here's what you'll need: A top coat (I use Rimmel Base and Top Coat), a minty color, glitter polish, & a sponge. You can use a white polish as your base to help make you minty color pop if needed.
First, prep for your manicure, to make it last longer. Remove your old polish, if any, and soak your hands in warm water for a few minutes. Trim your nails and push back your cuticles but don't cut them. Do not use lotions or oils on your hands before you start, it may make the dry time longer.
 If using a white polish, start by applying one or two coats. Just a quick tip, to help make your nails dry faster put your hands in cold water or let cold water run on them in your sink. The cold water will harden the polish faster.
 Apply a coat or two of your mint polish. I used my dotting tool to clean up from of the polish on my skin wile it was still wet... I was being extra messy this time.
 With your glitter polish apply a line along the tip of your nails.
  Dab some of the glitter polish on your sponge. I am using a makeup sponge, you can get these at most store and they are pretty cheap for a large pack.
 Start apply the glitter from the sponge at the tip of your nails and go down making it fade.
 Apply your top coat and you are done!

Thanks for stopping by!

Check out my current giveaway ending on the 28th!
 Check out my current sale on my new site, $7.00 off these earrings right now!
And get a text alert for this cute set valued at $110 starting at only $18 on tophatter!



No comments:

Post a Comment