Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dia De Los Muertos Hairband

I am going to be a Day of the Dead look/sugar skull for Halloween this year. I looked for large rose hair clips but couldn't fine any so I made my own headband.

View how I did the makeup here.

I practiced doing my makeup today after making the headband :)
I went to Micheal's to get some roses but since they had a million things I decided to a few different flowers. Red roses with red hair seemed a little boring too.
You will need a glue gun, flowers, scissors or wire cutters, & a headband.
Take the flowers and leave off the steams before starting.
If you are using a plastic band like I am you will need to kinda wrap the band in leaves so the flowers don't fall off when the glue cools.
After gluing on a leaf or two start adding your flowers.
Glue smaller flowers under too for more volume.
Glue some of the smaller leaves to the bottom to help keep everything in place and so you can add more flowers.
Continue added flowers to the top and leaves under the band.
After you have enough volume start placing the larger flowers and any fancy stuff you have and want seen.
Wrap a leaf the ends when you are done and you are done!
Almost... you also need to clean up.
Boom, pretty!
And with makeup.
And without weird lighting in my room.

Hope you enjoy, thanks for stopping by!
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment