Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dia De Los Muertos Makeup

I worked a few events at MoLAA in Long Beach Ca a few years back. I remember doing a Frida inspired event near Halloween in I think 2003, there was fun music, great people, fantastic art, awesome outfits and colorful makeup, plus some very yummy food. Over all it was a pretty good time and so much better than hoochie Halloween. I don't mind hoochie Halloween but there is always a lack of creativity. So in honor of the good times I've had I am doing a sugar skull/day of the dead look this year for Halloween. I also wanted to have my little sister do the same since her father is from Mexico and I wanted to teach her all about it but Halloween is on a weekday and she has school so that is a no go... My fiance also was talking about having an adult (drinking) Halloween too so no kids.
See how I made the headband here.
This is my practice/grumpy look. 
I will be doing a web on my forehead and make my mouth smaller so I can add more flowers and swirls.  I also don't have my lashes on, lacking color and didn't add the crystals around my eyes. I also sadly did not put the cap on my liquid eye liner last time I used it so it was all dry. I will have darker lines and more detail once I get a new one.

I posted a few pictures to help you if you are thinking about doing this look.
 To start with you will need a face, I went with mine since it was the only one around. 
I am a very pale person so for this look I just added some extra concealer and face powder. I also put concealer on my lips.
Using a pencil (I suggested not using black) circle your eyes and draw your decorations. 
You can black out your eyes or use color, I like a more colorful look.
You can use makeup like I have or any kind of face paint. You also may want to paint your face white.
Add your lashes, crystals, headband/flowers & whatever else you want.
Done and done.

 Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment