Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Day Nail Tutorial

I think I am going to do my nails everyday till Valentine's Day. I can't decide on how I want my nails to be for Valentine's Day so I'll just give them all a try!

I will start with stripes with hearts and arrows.
  
Here's what you'll need: A top coat (I use Sally Hansen Dries Instantly, dries in about 30 second), feature colors for your lines, a base color, nail stickers, & a head pin/toothpick if you don't have a polish pen or the "nail art" polish bottles. Go wild with picking out colors, I went with red and blue because blue is my boyfriend's favorite color and red is for Valentine's Day...I also wanted to finally use my matte polish.

All I used.

First, prep for your manicure, to make it last longer. Remove your old polish, if any, and soak your hands in warm water for a few minutes. Trim your nails and push back your cuticles. Do not use lotions or oils on your hands, it may make the dry time longer.
 
Apply 2-3 coats of base color
 I used Nails Inc. "Gatwick" Matte
Grab you main line color.
 I used SinfulColors Nail Art "Oh Dear!" for my main line color
If yours doesn't have a fine tip you can use a toothpick.
 Make an off centered line to the right or left, you will do the other
side from what you pick on your other hand.
I applied 2 coats to the line so you can see the blue color.
 You can make the lines darker or thicker if you want.

Make your second line with a different color.
 I went with Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen "Silver"
I like the fine brush polish better then the pens.
 Too much or not enough polish came out with the pen
& I didn't get my lines as straight as I'd like.
Silver lines are not as nice but they are fine.
 It really doesn't matter since I am going to do my nails over tomorrow.
You might have more skill with the pens then me.
Using the first color make your next line.
Make the line at the top of the nail but not the very tip. 

Pick the sticker you want to use.
I went with a pink and blue heart with arrows for my ring fingers.

Blue heart for my left hand.
 You can get these stickers at beauty supply stores like I did. You can also get them online, Target, Walgreens, or try any store that sells polish and press on nails.
Press down on the sticker and hold it for a few seconds.
Apply a top coat to the nail with the sticker. I am using the matte polish 
so I only used a top coat on the nails with the stickers.

That's it, all done!
Thanks for having a look, hope you liked it and found it helpful!
Let me know if you give it a try or if you have any suggestions or questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment