Monday, March 12, 2012

Colorful Dots Nail Tutorial



This is usually what my nails look like. It is quick, easy & cute, I like that you can use any colors for this look and it always works.
I love how the black base with blues and purples came out!
 Here's what you'll need: A top coat (I use Sally Hansen Dries Instantly, dries in about 30 second), feature colors for your dots, a base color, glitter polish. Go wild with picking out colors, it really does work with any combo.

First, prep for your manicure, to make it last longer. Remove your old polish, if any, and soak your hands in warm water for a few minutes. Trim your nails and push back your cuticles but don't cut them. Do not use lotions or oils on your hands before you start, it may make the dry time longer.

To start apply 1-2 coats of the base color
Start making a few dots.
Add a few more in different spots.
Its hard to see this one in the picture... :(
I like to add yellow on the white to make it look like an egg :)


Start adding some of the new colored dots on the other dots.
 And continue to add new ones if you have room.
Add the last few dots and make sure your happy with them.
Apply one coat of fine glitter.
I like to add two different colored glitter but its fine if you use two coats of the same.
Apply the other color fine glitter or a second coat.
The glitter helps cover anything you are unhappy with but it is not needed if you don't want it. You also don't have to use fine glitter but for me I like it the best this way. Play with it till you are happy with it.
Add 1 or 2 coats of the top coat and your done!


Thanks for stopping by. 


Let me know if you gave it a try and how it turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment