Saturday, September 15, 2012

Dotting Your Nails With a Nail Art Tool Tutorial.

Dotting your nails tutorial.
Here's what you'll need: A top coat (I use Rimmel Base and Top Coat), base color, color for you dots, & a dotting tool. You can use a toothpick, the very tip of your polish brush if its round or a pen if you don't have a dotting tool. 

First, prep for your manicure, to make it last longer. Remove your old polish, if any, and soak your hands in warm water for a few minutes. Trim your nails and push back your cuticles but don't cut them. Do not use lotions or oils on your hands before you start, it may make the dry time longer.
Start by applying a coat or two of the base color, I used 2 coats of the yellow I use.
Drip some of your dot color on a paper towel or something you don't mind having getting polish on, I used a piece of tape. I am using the largest dotting tool I have, if I was doing darker colors I would have done smaller.
Start at the center and made a few dots, finish off the sides in whatever pattern you'd like. I went with just lines of dots.
Apply a coat or two of your top coat.
And you're done!

Become a fan on facebook and follow me on bloglovin to be entered to win one of these pretty rings for September's giveaway!

Thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment