Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Inspired Eyes in the Bushes Nails

I've seen a few eye nail art for Halloween so I wanted to do my own. When I think of eyes on Halloween watching you I think of creepy crawlies in the bushes so this is what I cam up with.

Here's what you'll need: A top coat (I use Rimmel Top Coat), a base color (I went with black and a transparent brown), feature colors for your eyes, bush and stars, a sponge or q-tip, & a toothpick/small paint brush/nail art polish.
First, prep for your manicure, to make it last longer. Remove your old polish, if any, and soak your hands in warm water for a few minutes. Trim your nails and push back your cuticles but don't cut them. Do not use lotions or oils on your hands before you start, it may make the dry time longer.
 Creepy eyes watching you from the bushes!
 Start by painting your nails black, I added a transparent brown polish over the black for mine.
 Using a q-tip or sponge cover about 2/3 of your nail with your bush polish, I didn't have a good green color so I mixed two greens.
 With a dotting tool, nail art brush or a tooth pick add a few eyes.
 With a smaller dotting tool or other add the pupil of the eyes.
 If you's like add some glittery stars to your night sky.
 I mixed some green and the brown I used on the black to add some "texture" to the bushes. it looks better in person than it does in the picture!
 Apply your top coat and you are done!

Happy Halloween!

Check out my November Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment