Thursday, May 31, 2012

DIY Hidden Neon Striped Nails.



Here's what you'll need: A top coat (I use Rimmel Base and Top Coat), feature colors for your base/stripes, a dark top color, and nail tape. If you don't have nail tape you can just cut thin pieces of any tape but for cleaner lines I would suggest getting some.
First, prep for your manicure, to make it last longer. Remove your old polish, if any, and soak your hands in warm water for a few minutes. Trim your nails and push back your cuticles but don't cut them. Do not use lotions or oils on your hands before you start, it may make the dry time longer. 
Apply one or two coats of the base color.
You can go with one color or a different color on each like I did.
Add your nail tape after the base is completely dry.
Press the tape down then apply the darker color. 
When the top coat is completely dry remove the tape starting
with the last piece first if they lay on top of each other.
Add your top coat and you are done!
Check out the rings here :)


3 comments:

  1. Hey, cute blog. Where do you get your nail tape from? My nail art is all done by hand at the moment but I'm looking for tools to make it easier! Would you like to follow each other?

    Charlie xx

    www.shoppedanddropped.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much & I got my tape in bulk from a beauty supply store in Long Beach, Ca. It makes this so much easier sometimes, I am very glad I bought a whole box of the stuff!

      I have some listed on etsy too but you can check out a supply store near you.
      Here is my listing if you wanna see. http://www.etsy.com/listing/101448297/metallic-nail-art-tape-pick-any-color

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! I will have a look at your site too :)

    ReplyDelete