Monday, April 22, 2013

The brights by Julep for Spring!

The 2013 April polish from Julep was all about color! 



They also had a cuticle pen and dry shampoo that I love! My cuticles look much better after two weeks of use and the pen still has a good bit in it. The dry shampoo is pretty nice too though I have never used another so I have nothing to compare it to. It adds a good amount of volume for the second day which I really like. I always wash my hair every or every other day so this is great for the next day if I have curls and don't feel like having to do my hair over. I think it is safe to say I will be buying more of each later.

I was in the middle of packing for my recent move when it came so I didn't have much time to play with it but I was able to squeeze in 2 manicures before packing my box away :)
I was dying to use their rock candy jelly polish since it was added to Sephora... but I wanted to get it from Julep. I get member points when I buy from Sephora but I get member points and a discount when I buy from Julep so I just wanted till it was added to a box. 
I wanted to use all of the colors in the box as soon as I opened it, I upgraded so I have all these great colors! I love yellow polish with my skin tone so when I saw Abbie I was instantly in love. I thought a french tip with Abbie and Candy would look nice and I was right.
I added some light purple crystals to add a little pop to them.
For this look you will need nail art tape, Julep Candy, Abbie, Freedom top coat & crystals.
First, prep for your manicure, to make it last longer. Remove your old polish, if any, and soak your hands in warm water for a few minutes. Trim your nails and push back your cuticles. Do not use lotions or oils on your hands, it may make the dry time longer.

Apply 2-3 coats of Candy or another jelly color. I have 2 coats of Candy.
Make and x with your tape near the tip of you nails so you have the small triangle on the whites of you nails. Apply a coat or two of Abbie or another color if you wish.

After it is completely dry removed the tape. Finish the rest of you nails and add the crystals to the center of you x. You can see how I apply my crystals if needed on this nail tutorial.

Apply a thick coat of your freedom top coat and you are done!

Enjoy your lovely bright nails!

I don't know why my thumb nail corners looks so round... Anyway, here is a close up!

I also got to play with Avery from my Classic with a twist Maven profile. Since is a bright color I used my base coat to help staining of my nails if there was any... when I took off the pink there was no staining thankfully.
I wanted very spring time nails with this pink so I went with light flower to make the pink of Avery pop! 
This is such a lovely pink that my fiance who is known for hating pink loved it, he kept complimenting on how nice the color looked on me.
I think it is safe to say I love the brights from Julep this month and can't wait to play with the rest of colors.
You can find the polish, base and top coat by Julep on their site.
Let me know what style you are!
I'm a classic with a twist :) 
Check out my last spring tutorial with Julep!

No comments:

Post a Comment