Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Blog Challenge- The story of my life in 250 words or so.

I've been doing this blog for about a year but haven't added too much of myself into it. 
I've seen people doing the blog challenges and decided to join in on the fun after seeing it on Julie Ann Art
I am a little late in my start so I am just going to start and see where it goes :)

Day 1
  The story of my life in 250 words or so.
I was born on January the 28th in 1986, the same day and hour the spaces shuttle Challenger was destroyed. My second grade teacher was also Christa McAuliffe's (the teacher on board) college roommate and long time friend. I grew up in the in Long Beach CA with my mom and 3 (later 4) siblings.

(Little brother Greg, ME, little sister Jesse, cousin Larry & older brother Teddy in '95)
 (Xena who came much later in our family is my youngest sister. Xena and I in '98)
There was rarely a dull moment, I loved how if someone was playing freeze tag or having a water fight in the street the whole block joined.
 
(Few of us kids on Earl St in Long Beach having a water fight)
My mom didn't have that much money so we always had to be creative with things for fun and with our food. We had a lot of rice and mulligan stew growing up. My favorite of foods growing up was our "ghetto tacos" & I still love it... my fiance is not a fan though.
(Canned roast beef and cheese on a flour tortilla pan fried in butter!) 
Anyway, there were good times and bad times and I had to grow up kind of fast. Problems at home caused me to move out when I was 15. I did a few internships and got a job as a teen to pay for a private school to make sure I finished on time. Luckily, I my last internship hired me on full time just before I was done with high school. My mom got sick and made a few changes in her life when I was 18 so we patched things up and I moved back home for a while, things had turned up.
 (This is me from an ad for the shop I worked at!)
I loved my job, it was so neat to go into work and just make things all day. The shop I worked at for a while moved to finer things and I even got to play with gold and sale some of my own designs in my own case! I got a cute studio in the same building I worked at and I started to date a guy Rob when I was 23.
(Loved the adorable kitchen in my studio!)
Shortly after started dating we moved in together! I was working crazy hours and my Rob had to drive pretty far for work, we spent very little time together so we decided that we should move closer to his work. I said goodbye to the job I had for 8 years and we left lovely Long Beach for Santa Ana... that was not a good move.
 (Me and my Rob)
We moved to Aliso Viejo after a year with one of Rob's friends and that didn't go well so after another year he moved out and another moved in and it was a much better fit. My cousin also moved in since there was an extra room for the last few months we were there before we left California and moved to Arizona last month!
Just before leaving we also became engaged! 
Check out our beautiful ring here!
(Sister kitties Athena, Artemis and our pup Sid) 
Rob and I also have a few cute critters that we share our lives with.

So that is that and here I am.
Starting to plan my wedding and enjoying life.
There is much more to come for me.

If you want to join check out this blog here for the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment